Yee Chan completed his medical training at the University of Melbourne and following a period of basic surgical training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, he then completed his Urology training in Victoria.
During the final year of his training, Yee spent 12 months as a fellow working with Professor David Neale at one of the largest Urology Centres in Britain, the Freeman Hospital at Newcastle-upon-Tyne. He gained extensive experience in Urological Oncology during this time.
Upon his return to Australia, he attained extensive experience in laparoscopic surgery at the Austin Health. As a result, he is able to offer surgery with the laparoscopic approach for patients with prostate and kidney cancers, as well as patients with pelvic ureteric junction obstruction.
In addition to performing the conventional laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, he is also trained to perform a robot assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy with the Divinci Robot.
Apart from his keen interest in laparoscopy and uro-oncology, he also offers services in other areas such as benign prostatic hyperplasia and stone disease.
Currently, Yee is a visiting Urologist at the Austin Health and the Maroondah Hospital. He also operates at the Epworth Freemasons Hospital, Epworth Eastern Hospital, Cotham Private Hospital as well as Ringwood Private Hospital.
He is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and a member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand.
Freemasons Hospital Medical Centre (Main Rooms)
Suite 102, 320 Victoria Parade , East Melbourne , Vic 3002
Phone: 03 8415 1600, Fax: 03 8415 1408
Ringwood Private Consulting rooms
38 Mt Dandenong Road, Ringwood East, Vic 3135
Phone: 03 8804 4050, Fax: 03 8804 4199
Thomastown Consulting rooms
113 High Street, Thomastown, Vic 3074
Phone: 03 9466 4122, Fax: 03 9464 2355
Epworth Eastern Consulting rooms
Level 3, Suite 16, 1 Arnold Street, Box Hill 3128
- TREATMENT OF LOCALISED PROSTATE CANCER:
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
- Robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.
- Brachytherapy seed implantation.
- RENAL AND UROTHELIAL CANCERS:
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy.
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy.
- Laparoscopic nephro-ureterectomy.
- Open cystectomy.
- TREATING OF KIDNEY AND URETERIC STONES:
- Rigid or flexible ureteroscopy and laser.
- Shock wave lithotripsy.
- Laparoscopic nephrolithotomy or ureterolithotomy.
- TREATMENT OF KIDNEY OBSTRUCTION
(pelvic ureteric junction obstruction)
- Conventional laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
- INVESTIGATION OF HAEMATURIA & RAISED PSA
- URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS